Thursday, June 10, 2010

Odds and ends

Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for their Cup-clinching win in overtime last night (on a TERRIBLE goal by Kane...) If it couldn't be the Sens, I'm glad the Blackhawks were the ones to win it. Toews had a paltry series, but I guess his accomplishments in the other three rounds got him the Conn Smythe, not that I'm complaining.

Extra congratulations are in order to Marian Hossa, the first Sens draftee to win the Cup legitimately. No, I don't count Neckar's two games in the ECF with the Lightning as a legitimate win.

-----

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know there's buzz around the NHL that Spezza may or may not be traded. You also more than likely already have your opinion made, but my viewpoint is this: I don't want Spezza gone. He's a good player, and definitely the best we have at this point, glaring back-passes aside. But why not listen to offers? For all we know, a team like Columbus could be offering Filatov, Brassard, Voracek and the 4th overall. Longshot? Sure. But why not listen to offers? The team might be better for it.
-----

I'm not the first person to say this, and I won't be the last, but...is it October yet? The Calder Cup Finals are still going on (tied 2-2 between Hershey [WSH] and Texas [DAL]), but I have no vested interest in that series, or much of the AHL in general. I need the Sens back. At least the summer is good for speculation, I guess?


Draft Outlook should be back some time this weekend with a look at Austin Watson.

No comments:

Post a Comment